GP Federation for North Lancs
North Lancashire CCG is made up of 4 GP practices in Lancaster, Morecambe and Carnforth. There are around 120 GPs working in the area and there is a registered population of 160,000.
All the GP practices in the area work alongside each other closely. As a group of local doctor surgeries we are committed to continuing to play a central role in looking after and caring for our patients and their families within our area. All practices have representation that sits on the local Clinical Commissioning Group’s membership council.
All the practices within the area scored a “Good” rating on recent CQC Inspections, bar one surgery that scored outstanding!
All practices work extremely hard on QOF and are high scoring practices.
Over the last couple of years, there has been a formed federation of local GP practices based in the Lancashire North area; this has helped the local practices to have a collective voice for general practice. Given us an opportunity to build stronger relations with other local providers, more recently the federation are now arranging training for our practice staff in particular our nursing teams.
• To promote and coordinate the provision of primary care services within member practices
• Represent practices in planning and delivery forums
• Develop plans and proposals in response to the needs of patients where primary care at scale is required
• Deliver services though individual practices, neighbourhood practice clusters and specialist network wide services as patient needs dictate
- Ash Trees Surgery, Carnforth
- Bay Medical Group
- Lancaster Medical Practice
- Queen Square Surgery, Lancaster
North Lancashire Medical Services Ltd | Company Number 08898208